Great News for our School
It is my very great pleasure to use this, my final message as Principal of Iramoo PS to inform our community that the Department of Education & Training’s selection process for my replacement has concluded AND that the successful applicant is Mrs Raquel Tweedley.
This is wonderful news for all of us. Mrs Tweedley is well known and respected by students, staff and parents. I congratulate her and thank all members of the selection panel for their work at this very challenging time.
I have been on long service leave for all of first term and officially retired on Monday April 13.
On Thursday March 12, Ms Cascone, Mr Burrell and I enjoyed celebrating our retirement with staff, family, colleagues, parents and ex-students. Thank you very much to everyone who attended and to those who were unable to attend but sent us lovely cards, letters and emails.
As part of my farewell speech on March 12, I told guests that if I had to describe my 45 year career in one word it would be PRIVILEGE.
• It’s been my privilege to work with so many wonderful people, many of whom I am now proud to call my friends.
• It’s been my privilege to contribute positively to the lives of so many children.
• It’s been my privilege to meet so many wonderful families.
• It’s been my privilege to assist in the development of so many future school leaders and
• It’s been my privilege to make a significant contribution to our Victorian government school system.
We are all currently living in very difficult times but our school couldn’t be in better shape or in more capable hands. I couldn’t be prouder of Iramoo PS and its community.
Thank you again for your support of me personally over a very long period of time and for your ongoing support of our school.
Please stay safe and stay well.
Very best regards and best wishes for the future.